Crunchy Kale Chips
Total time: 50 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Kids will love this healthful snack that mixes kale, which is packed with lutein and zeaxanthin with canola oil—a good source of omega-3.
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- Preheat an oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- Cut away inner ribs from each kale leaf and discard; tear the leaves into pieces of uniform size. Wash torn kale pieces and spin dry in a salad spinner or dry with kitchen towels until they are very dry.
- Put the kale pieces into a large resealable bag (or use a bowl if you don't mind getting your hands oily). Add about half the canola oil; seal and squeeze the bag so the oil gets distributed evenly on the kale pieces.
- Add the remaining oil and squeeze the bag more, until all kale pieces are evenly coated with oil and slightly 'massaged.' Sprinkle the vinegar over the kale leaves, reseal the bag and shake to spread the vinegar evenly over the leaves. Spread the leaves evenly onto a baking tray.
- Roast in the preheated oven until mostly crisp, about 35 minutes. Season with salt and serve immediately.